Intensive Foster Care in Massachusetts
The Intensive Foster Care Program serves children from birth to 22 years old who were removed from their families due to severe abuse and neglect, disrupted adoptions or voluntary placements or request for services, and placed in the care of the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families. Some children in foster care may be eligible for adoption.
Individuals interested in becoming foster parents must:
- Reside in Massachusetts
- Be 25 or older
- Pass a CORI (criminal background) and fingerprinting check
- Have a flexible schedule that allows for many appointments
- Be willing to attend regularly scheduled trainings and support groups, usually twice a month
Most importantly, foster parents need to have room in their heart and home for a child in need! See if you qualify
Required Foster Parent Training
- Complete a 30-hour Massachusetts Approach to Partnership in Parenting (MAPP) course provided by Ascentria
- Complete a CPR/First Aid certification training provided by Ascentria
- Complete a program orientation training
- Agree to complete 20 hours a year of additional training, provided twice monthly through Ascentria.
Supports and Benefits
In addition to group training and support, each parent is individually supervised monthly and as needed. The supervisor will provide guidance, support, mentoring and general assistance to the parent. There is 24/7 on-call support through an Ascentria phone line. Respite care for the child is available when foster parents need a break. The foster parent receives remuneration of $58.45 daily, tax exempt.
Free Foster Care Information Sessions
Attend one of our no-obligation information sessions at our headquarters in Brockton. If interested in learning more about Intensive Foster Care, please sign up here
or call 508.580.6716 ext. 402
Ascentria services nearby
11 Shattuck Street, Worcester, MA 01605
Foster Care in Massachusetts
FOSTER FAMILIES NEEDED!
Recruiting, Training and Support for Massachusetts Foster Families
Ascentria Foster Care
130 Liberty Street, Suite 7
Brockton, MA 02301
230 Second Avenue, Suite 125
Waltham, MA 02451
11 Shattuck Street
Worcester, MA 01605